13 Oct 08:00 - 14 Oct 21:00 - Christchurch
Christchurch, New Zealand
➧ More info
A MicroAdventure - a dirty weekender, an overnighter, another opportunity to use your kit instead of letting it get dusty
This ride is aimed at introducing people to the "type2 fun" of self-supported multi-day navigation that are Brevets.
It's a no-frills "you are on your own" self-supported type affair.
There are two official rides - the Brevet (263k) and the Taster (60k)
You must register. Click on this link register.trackme.bike/
This includes two steps:
1. Individual entry - you can ride as a team of two or three and share the SPOT between you all, but you each must enter individually for safety reasons. Enter a common team name when you register. The entry fee is a donation to the McQueens Valley Mountain Bike Club (Inc.) which works out at $25 a day - what a bargain!
2. Booking a SPOT device or you can use your own and arranging for Tracking
This can all be done via the online registration page above.
SPOTs and tracking are compulsory - for your safety - and for friends, family and the flahute to stalk you!
There is a special deal through SPOTNZ for these events.
An electronic map in a number of formats, cue sheets and a ride guide will be emailed out to you on receipt of your registration, no greater than 30 days prior to the event. Registration closes the Wednesday evening before the event.
IF you withdraw after the Wednesday or don't turn up on the day, there will be no refunds. There is some room for movement at our discretion.
This will help the planners relax and if you register early, to get great rates on accommodation.
You will need to prepare everything else - your legs, your bike, your kit, food, maps, backup, transport, you name it.
It is highly recommended that you have a physical map as a back up. Your device will run out of batteries at some point.
Stolen largely from the Kiwi Brevet - www.kiwibrevet.blogspot.co.nz.
The main thing is to complete the course under your own steam, without a support crew or ANY outside assistance (other than what is commercially available to every participant).
Text-ins are to be made from designated locations along the route until you either finish or abandon the brevet.
1. Do it all yourself, under your own steam.
2. Riders must carry all their own gear.
3. You must carry a SPOT and agree to cover the cost of rescue in the event they need to be evacuated.
4. Riders must finish by 9pm on Sunday.
5. When on public roads, follow the NZ Road Code.
6. Riders must observe all rules laid down by land managers along the route.
Enjoy it, it is an adventure more than anything else.
That's probably enough for now!
Feel free to post up any questions that you may have.
27 Dec 08:00 - 09 Jan 10:00
27 Dec 08:00 - 09 Jan 10:00
Christchurch, New Zealand Christchurch, New Zealand
FACEBOOK won't let an event last more than two weeks this event goes from 27 Dec 2018 10 Feb 2018. This ride is 4000 kms long and is the pinnacle of type2 fun self-supported... ➧ More info